From Patricia Wells' Bistro Cooking, a classic French dish.
Make and share this Chicken in Red Wine Vinegar recipe from Food.com.
- Brown the seasoned chicken in batches in the butter with a bit of oil as well to stop it burning.
- Drain fat from skillet and return chicken to skillet.
- Slowly pour the vinegar into the hot pan to deglaze. Stand back from fumes!
- Over med-high heat, reduce the vinegar by about half, turning chicken periodically to bathe it.
- Add tomatoes and stock, cover and simmer gently until flavours melded and mingled, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat, set aside the chicken and keep warm.
- In the pan, whisk in a knob of butter for a beautiful shiny sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and then strew with herbs.
- Enjoy with a potato gratin or creamy mash and steamed green beans ( for example ).