Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
Very delicious and a nice presentation! Creamy/cheesy chicken wrapped in flaky pastry.
Make and share this Chicken in Puff Pastry recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh basil leaf
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, well-beaten
- Heat oven to 430 degrees F.
- Combine cheese, basil, garlic, salt and pepper in processor until smooth and basil is finely chopped.
- Unfold both pieces of pastry carefully.
- Roll out on lightly-floured surface to 14 x 10 inch rectangle about 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut in half crosswise into 7 x 10 inch rectangle; repeat with second sheet of pastry.
- Spread ¼ of cheese mixture lengthwise, in approximate size of chicken breast, across center of each rectangle.
- Place chicken breast over, skinned side down.
- Lift long sides of pastry to meet in center over top of chicken; pinch overlap and short ends to enclose chicken snuggly.
- Trim away excess pastry leaving pinched overlap.
- Arrange seam side down, 2 inches apart, on a greased baking sheet; brush generously with beaten egg.
- Bake until puffed and golden and chicken is cooked through, 18-22 minutes.
- Note: Using Boursin Cheese in this recipe in place of the cream cheese is very nice, too.
A great meal, thanks for sharing this one. We had ours with a mushroom and white wine sauce which everyone loved the lot. No leftovers here :)
This was great. I didn't change anything. Was a little worried because I didn't season the chicken, but it came out perfectly seasoned, tasted like roasted chicken. I served with mashed potatoes and pees my family loved it.
I made for company coming and everyone was impressed with the presentation and the tastes from the inside of the packet. I love using puff pastry and this will be one choice whenever I get a craving for it, which I can tell you won't be far away! Delicious!