1/4 Photos of Chicken in Puff Pastry
Very delicious and a nice presentation! Creamy/cheesy chicken wrapped in flaky pastry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 430 degrees F.
- 2Combine cheese, basil, garlic, salt and pepper in processor until smooth and basil is finely chopped.
- 3Unfold both pieces of pastry carefully.
- 4Roll out on lightly-floured surface to 14 x 10 inch rectangle about 1/8 inch thick.
- 5Cut in half crosswise into 7 x 10 inch rectangle; repeat with second sheet of pastry.
- 6Spread ¼ of cheese mixture lengthwise, in approximate size of chicken breast, across center of each rectangle.
- 7Place chicken breast over, skinned side down.
- 8Lift long sides of pastry to meet in center over top of chicken; pinch overlap and short ends to enclose chicken snuggly.
- 9Trim away excess pastry leaving pinched overlap.
- 10Arrange seam side down, 2 inches apart, on a greased baking sheet; brush generously with beaten egg.
- 11Bake until puffed and golden and chicken is cooked through, 18-22 minutes.
- 12Note: Using Boursin Cheese in this recipe in place of the cream cheese is very nice, too.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Puff Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 929.1
- Calories from Fat 547
- Total Fat 60.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 153.2 mg
- Sodium 624.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 37.4 g