Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from A Taste of Home magazine.It is Helen Lamison's from Carnige,Pennsylvania Grand Prize recipe.We love to eat this and maybe you will to!!!!
- 4 1⁄2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes (thawed)
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine (melted)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups cubed, cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes,butter,salt and pepper.
- Press into six greased 10 oz custard cups;set aside (I used a small casserole dish).
- In a small saucepan,saute onion in butter.
- Add the flour,bouillion,worcestershire and basil.
- Stir in the milk.
- Bring to a boil;cook and stir for 2 minutes or till thickened.
- Add chicken and peas.
- Spoon into prepared crusts.
- Bake,uncovered aat 375 for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
I used cheesy hasbrowns and added a tsp of paprika. I topped it with a little Durkee fried onions. I made it for a "girls" night dinner and they loved it.
My whole family likes these!They are really attractive when made in ramekins and the potato crust edges get nice and crunchy. Way better than chicken pot pie and really easy to put together. Thanks for posting, crawfish pie!