Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 15 mins
Cook2 hrs 35 mins
- Prepare pizza dough (see recipe following). While dough rises, prepare baked chicken and vegetables.
- After dough has risen and chicken has finished baking, turn dough onto a lightly floured board.
- Cut off a small piece of dough the size of a tennis ball to use for a top decoration.
- Form remaining dough into a ball and roll out to a 12 x 17-inch rectangle. Place chicken, breast side down, in the middle of the dough.
- Arrange vegetables around chicken.
- Wrap sides and ends of dough over chicken.
- Turn right side up and place on a baking sheet. Brush surface with beaten egg.
- Roll out reserved piece of dough.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out a design and place on top of dough wrapped chicken.
- Brush with egg.
- Bake in pre- heated 425 degrees oven for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- To serve, let everyone tear off the bread, then cut up the chicken.
- PIZZA DOUGH: Dissolve yeast, sugar and salt in warm water.
- In large bowl, combine 2 cups of flour and yeast mixture; beat with an electric mixer several minutes.
- Stir in enough additional flour to make a stiff dough.
- Turn out on a floured board and knead 5 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl; turn to coat surface of dough with oil.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk (about 2 hours).