Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is delicious!
- chicken piece
- 14.79 ml paprika
- oil (for frying)
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 minced garlic cloves
- 236.59 ml tomato sauce
- 170.09 g can frozen concentrated orange juice, divided
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml mustard powder
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ginger
- 396.89 g can pineapple chunks, reserve the liquid
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a med-size roasting pan.
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Brown lightly on both sides.
- Place browned chicken pieces in roasting pan.
- In a bowl, mix together, the tomato sauce, orange juice, brown sugar, seasonings and 1/2 cup juice from the canned pineapple.
- Pour over chicken pieces.
- Bake, covered for approx 30 mins, uncover, and bake for another 30 mins, or until chicken is cooked, basting occasionally.
- Add drained pineapple chunks, 5 mins before removing from oven.
- Note: if sauce cooks down too much, add pineapple juice.
- Serve with white rice.
Looking to a quick and easy recipe for some skinless chicken thighs when I found this one. Assembling took just a few minutes and the results were spectacular. Ended with lots of sauce and decided to sprinkle a wee amount of cornstarch in just before mixing in the pineapple chunks and found that gave me a perfect syrupy glaze. The ginger and garlic do a nice job of balancing the sauce so that while sweet, it it not cloyingly so. Thanks!