Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Fairly easy main course which our family has always enjoyed.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup peanuts, ground coarse
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- Combine salt and pepper and rub chicken pieces with mixture.
- Cut chicken into small, bite-size pieces.
- In large fry pan, melt butter.
- Add chicken.
- Brown chicken well, and then cover pan and cook on low to medium for 40 minutes, stirring as needed.
- Combine flour and peanuts and add to chicken, being sure to stir chicken to coat all sides.
- Add carrots, tumeric and the hot water.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes or until sauce thickens to your preference.
- Serve over steamed rice or cooked rice noodles.