Recipe by Tomboy
This is a delicious and quick microwave recipe with an Indonesian flavour.
Top Review by C-J from the UK
This is the recipe my family have used for years. The flavour is always great. I also add a pinch of Cardoman and a dash of Tabasco Sauce I sometimes make it only as the sauce (without the chicken) and use it with other cooked meats.
- 4 chicken breast fillets (skin off)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 30 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons French mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into serving size pieces (8 pieces).
- Combine the onion, garlic and butter in a shallow microwave proof dish.
- Cook on High for 3 minutes.
- Stir in Peanut butter, stock, honey, mustard and curry powder.
- Add the chicken in a single layer.
- Cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve with boiled rice.