Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious and quick microwave recipe with an Indonesian flavour.
- 4 chicken breast fillets (skin off)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 30 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons French mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Cut chicken into serving size pieces (8 pieces).
- Combine the onion, garlic and butter in a shallow microwave proof dish.
- Cook on High for 3 minutes.
- Stir in Peanut butter, stock, honey, mustard and curry powder.
- Add the chicken in a single layer.
- Cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve with boiled rice.
This is the recipe my family have used for years. The flavour is always great. I also add a pinch of Cardoman and a dash of Tabasco Sauce I sometimes make it only as the sauce (without the chicken) and use it with other cooked meats.
I didn't make this in the microwave, and I changed the quantities on a few ingredients - but I have to give high marks for the incredibly delicious flavor combo! I sprinkled my pieces of pounded chicken breast with salt and pepper, sauteed in butter and olive oil with the onions and garlic. Removed to platter. Stirred in 3/4 c. chicken broth, 3 T. peanut butter, 2 T. honey, 2 tsp. Dijon mustard and 1/2 tsp. curry powder. Stirred until nicely thick, returned chicken to pan and simmered about 10 more minutes. Served on a platter garnished with scallions and fresh parsley, and crushed peanuts. Passed rice to go with. Everyone devoured this and I couldn't have done it without this great recipe! Thank you!