1/4 Photos of Chicken in Peanut Curry With Saffron Rice and Snow Peas
Super San Mateo Chefs's Note:
Absolutely delicious recipes adapted from Williams-Sonoma Chicken cookbook. This curry is fairly mild. If you prefer more heat and spice, add more curry powder or some red pepper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 cup shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups medium grain rice, cooked according to package directions
- 2 teaspoons saffron
- 1/2 lb snow peas, trimmed
- 1/4 cup peanuts, ground
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil and cook all sides of the chicken pieces until lightly browned. Remove chicken from pot and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add carrots and celery and cook until softened.
- 3Add shallots, ginger and garlic and cook until shallots soften.
- 4Add curry powder, stir for 15 seconds and pour in the stock.
- 5Return chicken to the pot. Add water to barely cover the chicken. Heat to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer uncovered until chicken is fully cooked (no pink). Internal chicken should be approximately 170°F.
- 6Prepare rice according to package instructions. Half way through rice preparation, add the saffron.
- 7Stir in peanut butter. Whisk coconut milk and cornstarch in a separate bowl. Add to pot and bring to a simmer.
- 8In a sauté pan, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil. Add snow peas and toss for one minute. Add 2 tablespoons of water and cook until crispy.
- 9To serve, place chicken on top of rice and spoon with sauce. Place snow peas on top and garnish with the peanuts.
Browse Our Top Medium-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Medium-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Peanut Curry With Saffron Rice and Snow Peas
Serving Size: 1 (614 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1148.9
- Calories from Fat 610
- Total Fat 67.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 100.7 mg
- Sodium 574.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 44.2 g