This recipe originates from Israel. The times shown does not list 1 hour marinating time.
Make and share this Chicken in Orange Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Mix the together the first 6 ingredients then smear all over the chicken pieces. Marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chicken with marinade in one layer on a baking pan. Pour another 3/4 cup of orange juice over the chicken. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, basting occasionally with the juice.
- Stir the brown sugar in the juice mixture. Turn the chicken over & continue to roasting & basting until the chicken is tender. (around 15 minutes).
- Place the chicken into a shallow serving bowl & cover to keep warm.
- Pour the pan juices into a saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil & let the juice reduce to a thick sauce, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon part of the sauce over the chicken. Pour the rest into a sauceboat to be used at the table.
Very moist and juicy! Not what I'm used to for orange chicken (the type from the chinese take out) but so much better! Also much healthier. I love that this wasn't breaded and then coated with a thick sauce. Thanks so much for sharing your delicious recipe.
This is good. DD (toddler) and I liked it a lot served with Basmati rice and salad greens. I used regular mustard as we don't like hot spicy food, sea salt for the salt and freshly ground black pepper. Made for Ramadan Tag.
Warning! This chicken is EXTREMELY moist! I didn't even marinate before baking, just added the ingredients and put it straight into the oven. The sauce (or glaze), which is made up of mustard (we used a combo of yellow and spicy brown), OJ, and onion (we used dried) creates a wonderful and very flavorful sauce that during dinner, we pondered having this over a bed of salad greens and the sauce as dressing... and that's exactly how we'll serve it next time. Perhaps add some dried cranberries in there too. :)Thanks Nasseh, for posting such a simple and versatile recipe that produces a VERY tender & VERY moist chicken! We love it!