In ‘ Williams-Sonoma: Simple Suppers’
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely grate 2 teaspoons orange zest and squeeze ¼ cup orange juice from the orange.
- 2Set the zest and juice aside.
- 3Place 1 chicken breast half between 2 sheets of waxed paper.
- 4Using meat pounder or the flat bottom of a heavy pan, lightly pound the chicken until it is about ½ inch thick.
- 5Repeat with the remaining chicken breast halves.
- 6Season generously with salt and pepper.
- 7In a large frying pan over med-high heat, melt 2 T butter.
- 8Working in batches, if needed, to avoid crowding, add the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden on both sides and opaque throughout, 6-8 minutes total.
- 9Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- 10Melt the remaining 1 T butter in the pan over medium heat.
- 11Add the shallot and sauté until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- 12Add the wine, marjoram, and reserved orange juice and zest.
- 13Cook, stirring to scrape up the browned bits on the pan bottom, until the sauce is bubbly and slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- 14Return the chicken and any juices from the plate to the pan and heat through, about 1 minute.
- 15Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 16Transfer to a platter, spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Orange-Riesling Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.0
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 98.4 mg
- Sodium 139.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 25.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: