Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
In ‘ Williams-Sonoma: Simple Suppers’
Make and share this Chicken in Orange-Riesling Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Finely grate 2 teaspoons orange zest and squeeze ¼ cup orange juice from the orange.
- Set the zest and juice aside.
- Place 1 chicken breast half between 2 sheets of waxed paper.
- Using meat pounder or the flat bottom of a heavy pan, lightly pound the chicken until it is about ½ inch thick.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken breast halves.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan over med-high heat, melt 2 T butter.
- Working in batches, if needed, to avoid crowding, add the chicken and cook, turning once, until golden on both sides and opaque throughout, 6-8 minutes total.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Melt the remaining 1 T butter in the pan over medium heat.
- Add the shallot and sauté until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Add the wine, marjoram, and reserved orange juice and zest.
- Cook, stirring to scrape up the browned bits on the pan bottom, until the sauce is bubbly and slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Return the chicken and any juices from the plate to the pan and heat through, about 1 minute.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a platter, spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.