I created this recipe when I was running a Lowcarb Diabetic Email List.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, partially frozen
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions, including tops
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1Keeping chicken breasts partially frozen, cut them into thin slices.
- 2Let thaw.
- 3Sprinkle breast meat with salt and pepper.
- 4Melt butter and oil in large frying pan over medium high heat.
- 5Quickly cook chicken slices in batches, turning until lightly browned but not totally cooked through keeping them very tender.
- 6Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- 7Pour out oil and wipe out pan and start again and continue to cook remaining chicken slices in this manner until all the chicken is browned.
- 8Pour off and discard drippings, leaving any browned bits in bottom of pan.
- 9Mix together garlic, onion, orange juice, orange peel and wine and add to the pan.
- 10Bring to a boil, stirring; remove from heat.
- 11Stir Splenda, tarragon, curry, and soy flour into sour cream; then stir sour cream into wine mixture.
- 12Return to heat and cook, stirring, until sauce comes to gentle boil.
- 13Season to taste with salt and pepper and add back the cooked chicken tossing to cover with sauce and let simmer a couple minutes to just finish off the chicken and until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- 14If it becomes too thick, add a bit of chicken broth.
- 15Garnish with orange wedges.
- 16You might squeeze the orange wedge's juice over all your serving, but be careful or the carbs will add up (About 3-5 carbs per wedge).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Orange Cream, Low Carb Diabetic
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.3
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 177.4 mg
- Sodium 229.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 57.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: