Recipe by Julesong
I’ve tweaked my originally posted recipe, which was low carb, into a recipe all can enjoy in moderation. :) Delicious!
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, partially frozen
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions, including tops
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine or 2⁄3 cup no-salt-added chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry tarragon, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon curry powder, to taste
- 1 cup sour cream (can sub yogurt, will be more tangy tasting)
- 4 orange wedges, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Keeping chicken breasts partially frozen, cut them into thin slices. Let thaw.
- Sprinkle breast meat with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter and oil in large frying pan over medium high heat.
- Quickly cook chicken slices in batches, turning until lightly browned but not totally cooked through keeping them very tender (you’ll finish cooking them later).
- Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- Pour out oil and gently wipe out pan (you don’t want *all* of the browned bits gone) and start again and continue to cook remaining chicken slices in this manner until all the chicken is browned.
- Pour off and discard drippings, leaving any browned bits in bottom of pan.
- Mix together garlic, onion, orange juice, orange peel and wine or stock and add to the pan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring; remove from heat.
- Stir honey, tarragon, and curry, and stir until incorporated, then stir in the sour cream.
- Sprinkle in the flour, while whisking until incorporated and return to the heat and cook for about 3 minutes (taste it to make sure any “floury” taste is gone), stirring, until sauce comes to gentle boil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and add back the cooked chicken tossing to cover with sauce and let simmer to finish off cooking the chicken and until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- If it becomes too thick, add a bit of chicken broth.
- Garnish with orange wedges.
- At the table, squeeze the orange wedge juice over the servings, eat, and enjoy!