Recipe by Manda
A light and tangy chicken recipe, with a flavorful orange sauce. I like to cut the chicken into bite-size pieces because it makes it easier to eat (Note:Cooking time may be reduced by about 10 min. if this step is added). Very simple and inexpensive...healthy, too:)
Top Review by Chef Saskatchewan Bound
This was very good. I followed the recipe exactly but served it over orange rice (#22503). This really made the dish pop with orange flavor and used up the rest of the frozen concentrated OJ. Thanks Manda
- 1 fryer chickens or 4 whole chicken breasts (2 1/2-3 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 sliced onion
- 1⁄3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- hot, cooked white rice or hot, cooked brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken on all sides in hot oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Optional step: Remove chicken from skillet, let cool, and cut into bite-size pieces, then return to skillet.
- Arrange onion over chicken.
- Combine OJ concentrate, water, brown sugar, parsley, and ginger.
- Pour over chicken and onion.
- Cover and simmer 35-40 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice.