Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Elegant Low Carb Italian chicken dinner.
Make and share this Chicken in Olive-red Wine Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1 " pieces
- 1 onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- 1⁄2 cup Spanish olives with pimento
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup seasoned croutons (to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (to garnish)
- In a skillet, cook bacon with onion, garlic, pepper, and rosemary over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until bacon is crisp (about 8 minutes).
- Remove bacon with slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add chicken to pan.
- Cook, turning frequently, until chicken is browned (about 5 minutes).
- Add olives, wine, and bacon.
- Cover and cook until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut (about 12 minutes).
- Place chicken on serving platter; sprinkle with croutons and parsley.