Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Elegant Low Carb Italian chicken dinner.
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1 " pieces
- 1 onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- 1⁄2 cup Spanish olives with pimento
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup seasoned croutons (to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (to garnish)
- In a skillet, cook bacon with onion, garlic, pepper, and rosemary over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until bacon is crisp (about 8 minutes).
- Remove bacon with slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add chicken to pan.
- Cook, turning frequently, until chicken is browned (about 5 minutes).
- Add olives, wine, and bacon.
- Cover and cook until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut (about 12 minutes).
- Place chicken on serving platter; sprinkle with croutons and parsley.
Thank you very much for the fantastic recipe. It is unbelievably easy. I added mushrooms and carrots. Both my children love it a lot. It is definitely a dish I can proudly serve to guests.
A very tasty dish that my DH enjoy it much. I put it in a warm oven to keep it warm for 15-20 minutes while I am dealing with the stir-fry beans. It seems the slow cooking helps to favour the chicken even more while keeping it tender and juicy. Thank Littleturtle for sharing.
Terrific recipe! I loved this dish. Tasted great served with grilled potatoes, a mixed greens salad, and a baguette. I browned up some chicken leg quarters because that's what I had on hand, and I added a 12-oz package of sliced mushrooms into the mix. Reminds me a bit of coq au vin but easier, and the Spanish olives add a great salty note to a very tasty dish. Thanks!