Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This makes an elegant dish. Imagine tender boneless chicken breasts in a rich white wine sauce with mushroom, onion and celery. The best part is that this recipe is so easy!!!! Please if you like lots of sauce, double the sauce portion of the recipe...also if you prefer your veggies well done, saute them before adding to the dish. Thank You.
- 4 large chicken breast fillets
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup white wine (may use water)
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 3⁄4 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced, for garnish (optional)
- 1⁄8 cup parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Rinse chicken and dry.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and paprika together.
- Dredge chicken in this mixture.
- Reserve leftover mixture.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in pan and brown chicken breasts both sides.
- Set aside.
- Melt remaining butter, stir in remaining flour mixture, add wine and stir until smooth.
- Add to wine mixture chicken boullion, water, poultry seasoning, bayleaf, mushrooms, onions, carrots and celery.
- Add chicken and simmer covered for 25- 30 minutes.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove and add sour cream.
- Cook until heated through.
- When ready to serve pour sauce over chicken and garnish with green pepper and parsley.
This was fantastic!!! Other than cutting my chicken into chunks, as we prefer it that way, I made no changes, this was a delicious aromatic sauce and the chicken was tender and so tasty. We very much enjoyed this, and my husband had plenty left over for his lunch, and said was even better on re-heating! Thank you, BK, very much enjoyed for Consideration tag game
Absolutely fabulous! The only changes I made were to add more water so the sauce would thin out a bit more and to chop the carrots, celery and onions into small pieces so they would cook through all the way. Everything else I kept the same. This is one of those company-worthy recipes, yet it's really simple to put together. I served mine over brown rice, but I think I would love it over noodles next time. Thank you!
Very good chicken! It was so easy to make and both my DSs liked it so that is a bonus! I did add about 1 cup of extra water and a sprinkle of chicken bullion because the sauce was more like a paste. Made for ZWT9.