Recipe by Baby Kato
This makes an elegant dish. Imagine tender boneless chicken breasts in a rich white wine sauce with mushroom, onion and celery. The best part is that this recipe is so easy!!!! Please if you like lots of sauce, double the sauce portion of the recipe...also if you prefer your veggies well done, saute them before adding to the dish. Thank You.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
This was fantastic!!! Other than cutting my chicken into chunks, as we prefer it that way, I made no changes, this was a delicious aromatic sauce and the chicken was tender and so tasty. We very much enjoyed this, and my husband had plenty left over for his lunch, and said was even better on re-heating! Thank you, BK, very much enjoyed for Consideration tag game
- 4 large chicken breast fillets
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup white wine (may use water)
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 3⁄4 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced, for garnish (optional)
- 1⁄8 cup parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken and dry.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and paprika together.
- Dredge chicken in this mixture.
- Reserve leftover mixture.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in pan and brown chicken breasts both sides.
- Set aside.
- Melt remaining butter, stir in remaining flour mixture, add wine and stir until smooth.
- Add to wine mixture chicken boullion, water, poultry seasoning, bayleaf, mushrooms, onions, carrots and celery.
- Add chicken and simmer covered for 25- 30 minutes.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove and add sour cream.
- Cook until heated through.
- When ready to serve pour sauce over chicken and garnish with green pepper and parsley.