Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Although there are several chicken in mustard sauce recipes here on Zaar, I couldn't find one with these exact ingredients. I just love it, and the recipe makes enough sauce that you can enjoy it over noodles or rice. Although one of my favorite things is to have a nice crusty loaf of bread to sop up the sauce. From the Junior League of Phoenix.
- 4 boneless skinned chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- Brown the chicken in the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 4 minutes or until done, turning occasionally. Remove the chicken from the skillet, reserving the drippings in skillet. Set the chicken aside; keep warm.
- Add the wine to the drippings; cook over high heat, deglazing pan by scraping the particles that cling to the bottom. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in the whipping cream, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt, pepper, tarragon and a dash or ground red pepper. Cook, uncovered, until the mixture is thick enough to cat a spoon, stirring occasionally. Add the reserved chicken. Bring to a boil; cover, and reduce the heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve.
I made this on Mothers Day evening (yep... hubby didn't cook for me). This was so very good. It is a nice change from plain ol' lemon chicken, the Dijon does wonders for it. I do have to say that I did not use the tarragon, just because I do not like the licorice flavor it gives. No matter... it turned out fabulous! I made "No Yolks" egg noodles to serve this dish over. Thank you so much for posting your recipe, I have it saved. (Made for PRMR)
Made this recipe pretty much as given, although I did cut it in half for the 2 of us! Really enjoyed the sauce & had the chicken over a bed of egg noodles! Definitely a recipe I'll be making again! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits recipe tag]
This was really good. It was quick and simple to make and I really enjoyed the this sauce. The dijon added such a nice flavor. Thanks breezermom for yet another keeper. Made for 123 Tag.