Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Another very good use of chicken breasts--good taste.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- pine nuts, toasted
- Mix first 4 ingredients together, coat chicken thoroughly.
- Saute chicken in butter until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add water and bouillon cube.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken to warm platter.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Stir into chicken broth, cook until thickened.
- Pour gravy over chicken.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts just before serving.
This was easy and very good. The sauce was flavorful and amazing with the chicken. Great recipe, thanks!
WOW...real impressive, and really simple to put together. I didn't have any garlic on hand so used garlic powder....didn't measure as we are real big garlic lovers, and used minced onion flakes. Chicken was really moist and tender. Served with mashed potatoes and fried cabbage. Loved it, thnx for sharing
Loved it. I substituted chicken broth for the butter to make it healthier.