Recipe by Seedbeads
This started off as a completely different recipe (I forget where it came from), but I wasn't happy with it. I tweaked it quite a bit, and now it's an often-requested dish in our house.
- 4 chicken breasts
- season salt
- ground pepper
- 236.59 ml white wine
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 59.16 ml water
- 44.37 ml flour
- 29.58 ml butter
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 4.92 ml dried chervil or 4.92 ml parsley (if you must)
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml lemon pepper
- 1.23 ml garlic powder, to taste
- 226.79 g button mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick skillet.
- Season chicken with seasoned salt and ground pepper.
- Brown about 3 minutes a side, and set aside.
- Deglaze pan with chicken broth and wine.
- Mix flour and water into a smooth paste and add to the liquid in the pan.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add butter and remaining seasonings and bring to a boil.
- When the sauce begins to thicken, reduce the heat add the mushrooms and chicken.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken with a generous amount of the sauce poured over top, and any extra mushrooms on the side (can't let the little beauties go to waste).