Recipe by Seedbeads
This started off as a completely different recipe (I forget where it came from), but I wasn't happy with it. I tweaked it quite a bit, and now it's an often-requested dish in our house.
- 4 chicken breasts
- season salt
- ground pepper
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried chervil or 1 teaspoon parsley (if you must)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick skillet.
- Season chicken with seasoned salt and ground pepper.
- Brown about 3 minutes a side, and set aside.
- Deglaze pan with chicken broth and wine.
- Mix flour and water into a smooth paste and add to the liquid in the pan.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add butter and remaining seasonings and bring to a boil.
- When the sauce begins to thicken, reduce the heat add the mushrooms and chicken.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken with a generous amount of the sauce poured over top, and any extra mushrooms on the side (can't let the little beauties go to waste).