1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Eric Ellenoff's Note:
This recipe was handed down to me by Martha and Arturo Saenz while I was in Costa Rica.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove chicken skin.
- 2Dice onion, pepper, and tomatoes.
- 3Dice half of the mushrooms, and slice the other half.
- 4In a large pot, sauté pepper and onion in oil until onion just begins to turn light brown.
- 5Add tomatoes and continue to sauté until tomatoes give off a good deal of water.
- 6Add chicken to pot making sure that the chicken touches the bottom of the pot.
- 7Add salt to taste.
- 8Cover and reduce heat to medium.
- 9Cook for 45-60min stirring or flipping chicken every 5-15 minutes as needed.
- 10Remove chicken and place on a baking sheet.
- 11Dissolve soup into water and stir into the mixture.
- 12Add mushrooms to pot, increase heat to high, and stir periodically while keeping covered.
- 13Remove cover for a thicker sauce.
- 14Cook approx. 10 minutes until desired consistency is reached. Pour sauce over chicken.
- 15For a different effect, strain the sauce first so there are no mushrooms.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.2
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: