Recipe by Oolala
Clipped from the paper, from Robert Mosley. Serve with rice and a vegetable.
Top Review by Heystopthatnow
When in need of a quick meal, this is it. This doesn't require a lot of different ingredients and it's very simple to make. I guess the only thing is that to me, it just tasted the same chicken in cream of mushroom soup. This recipe is also missing some salt and pepper...so just add as much as you prefer. Next time, I'll probably also add some sour cream in it as the first commenter suggested.
- 1 lb chicken fillet
- flour, for dredging
- olive oil, for frying
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced, drained
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, use a little less
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly dredge chicken in flour.
- Fry in olive oil until golden brown and set aside.
- In another saute pan, add garlic, mushrooms and white wine and simmer until garlic exudes aroma.
- Add butter and cream and stir.
- Add the chicken.
- Cover and simmer on low heat a few minutes until blended and cooked through.
- Sprinkle a bit of flour for extra thickness, if desired.