Recipe by morningglory
This is a recipe that I got off Food network. Very yummy. The original recipe calls for basting the chicken, but I think that breaks up the curds too much.
- 3 lbs chicken
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup real butter
- 1⁄2 cup fresh sage, leaves picked or 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed but not chopped
- 2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat ove to 375 degrees.
- Find a snug, oven-proof pot for chicken.
- Salt and pepper chicken generously on all sides.
- Melt butter and brown chicken on all sides.
- Remove chicken to plate and dispose of melted butter, but leave the gooey stuff at bottom of pan.
- Put the chicken back in the pot and add the rest of the ingrediants.
- You can cut the pith off the lemons, slice them and add them to the pot.
- Cover with foil and bake for an hour and a half.
- Let set for 10 minutes before serving.
- Pull meat off bones and use the juice and curds for a gravy.