Sweet Marsala wine makes a tasty tipsy sauce for this simple chicken dish. Serve with a mixture of tender steamed veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the chicken breasts in half lengthways. Mix together flour, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 2Coat the chicken pieces in the seasoned flour.
- 3In a casserole dish heat the olive oil. Fry the chicken until browned on all sides, around 10 minutes.
- 4Add the shallots and fry for 5 minutes. Add chicken stock, Marsala wine, vinegar, oregano and bay leaves.
- 5Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat so that the sauce is simmering. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- 6Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a warm serving plate. Increase the heat under the casserole dish and cook the sauce briskly until reduced and thickened.
- 7Serve the chicken with the Marsala sauce and steamed veggies of your choice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Marsala Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.3
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
- Sodium 82.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets