Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A romantic Italian meal of chicken in Marsala & dill sauce.
Make and share this Chicken in Marsala & Dill Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons marsala wine
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, unpeeled and par-boiled
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, leaves stripped from stalks
- salt and pepper
- With a meat mallet, beat the chicken breasts between two sheets of clingfilm on a board until the breasts are 1/2in thin. Lightly dust the breasts with flour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a medium frying pan and fry the chicken for about 1 minute on each side. Add the Marsala and flame for about 15 seconds, allowing the alcohol to evaporate.
- Add the cream and the dill, season with salt and pepper and cook, uncovered, over a low heat for about 4 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Meanwhile, slice the potatoes about 1/2in thick. Heat the remaining oil in a second frying pan, fry the garlic and rosemary for 1 minute, then add the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until golden on both sides.
- Place a chicken breast on each plate and surround with sautéed potatoes. Drizzle some of the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately.
Very easy to make, though I changed the recipe slightly. I added a tablespoon of rosemary along to the dill and cream. I also omitted the potatoes and served this with roasted Brussels sprouts and rice. The sauce had a great consistency and was delicious.
This was so good. I did not have any rosemary so I used used what I did have... herbes de provence. I also did not have any marsala so I used some zin. Definitely will make again. Thanks for the recipe.