Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Quebecois recipe, showing French cuisine adapted to Canadian products.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 large mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced ham
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chives
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- flour, for coating
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch savory
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Roll each chicken breast in flour, seasoned with salt and pepper.
- In a separate pan, fry the mushrooms, ham and chives in the butter.
- Slit each chicken breast and insert a spoonful of the ham mixture.
- Pinch edges together to seal.
- Brown the meat in a frying pan in 1/4 cup butter.
- Remove the meat and add the onion, frying until slightly browned.
- Arrange the chicken in an oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle over some savory and maple syrup.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the frying pan to clean the pan and pour over the chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes at 350°F.