Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping. From Simply Classic by Jr. League of Seattle. For greater food safety, discard reserved marinade and prepare another set of marinade for heating on the stove for the sauce.
Top Review by breezermom
Delicious grilled chicken. I marinated for a bit over 8 hours, since I'm away at work for longer than that. I made a new "marinade" for the sauce, and it really thickened up once it boiled. The sauce was wonderful....and the chicken was very moist and delicious. Thanks for sharing. Made for Photo Tag!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 118.29 ml apple juice
- 59.14 ml Dijon mustard
- 59.14 ml whole grain mustard
- 59.14 ml sweet-hot mustard
- 0 white wine vinegar
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 1 shallot, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine apple juice, mustards, vinegar, oil, lemon juice and shallot in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Place chicken in a single layer in a shallow non-reactive pan. Pour marinade over, cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- To cook, drain chicken, reserving marinade. Place chicken over medium-hot coals and grill 6-7 minutes per side, until internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 C). While chicken is grilling, place reserved marinade in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil (or use a fresh batch of marinade ingredients). Reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes, or until chicken has finished cooking. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.