Prep 8 hrs
Cook 8 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From Simply Classic by Jr. League of Seattle. For greater food safety, discard reserved marinade and prepare another set of marinade for heating on the stove for the sauce.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup whole grain mustard
- 1⁄4 cup sweet-hot mustard
- 1⁄4 white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 shallot, minced
- Combine apple juice, mustards, vinegar, oil, lemon juice and shallot in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Place chicken in a single layer in a shallow non-reactive pan. Pour marinade over, cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- To cook, drain chicken, reserving marinade. Place chicken over medium-hot coals and grill 6-7 minutes per side, until internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 C). While chicken is grilling, place reserved marinade in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil (or use a fresh batch of marinade ingredients). Reduce heat and simmer 8 minutes, or until chicken has finished cooking. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
Delicious grilled chicken. I marinated for a bit over 8 hours, since I'm away at work for longer than that. I made a new "marinade" for the sauce, and it really thickened up once it boiled. The sauce was wonderful....and the chicken was very moist and delicious. Thanks for sharing. Made for Photo Tag!
Delicious! We really enjoyed the mustard taste in this dish...I cooked it on my cast iron grill pan...the chicken was moist and tender...I boiled the marinade down and there was plenty for saucing the chicken...in fact I served the sauce in little dipping cups...this is a keeper...thanks for posting it...=)