Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This entree goes together quickly and is perfect with a side of fried or plain rice.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (2 whole)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 7 tablespoons cornstarch
- vegetable oil, for deep drying
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Cut chicken into 12 pieces.
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, egg yolk, 1 tablespoon cornstarch; stir well.
- Toss with chicken to coat well.
- Dredge chicken pieces in 6 tablespoons cornstarch.
- Heat oil in wok or deep pan.
- Add chicken and deep fry until golden brown; remove and drain.
- Meanwhile, slice lemon and combine with vinegar, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and water.
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon cornstarch in 1 tablespoon oil.
- Stir until slightly thickened; pour over chicken.
- Serve garnished with tomato and cucumber slices atop rice, if desired.