Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Take the hassle out of dinner tonight with this quick and easy chicken dish. The flavors of lemon and dill pair deliciously with the chicken, and will give you a meal that everyone will love. Goes well with fresh steamed asparagus and new potatoes.
- 3 lbs frying chicken, cut up
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, snipped
- Wash the chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large, heavy-bottom skillet melt the butter over a medium-high flame.
- To the melted butter add the lemon juice and zest, salt, garlic, paprika, and onion powder; bring to a boil.
- Add to the skillet the chicken, pepper, mushrooms, and dill; bring back to bubbly.
- Cover the skillet, reduce the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
- Transfer the chicken to a warm serving platter, pour sauce over chicken. If desired garnish with snipped dill and lemon zest.