Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an adaptation of a recipe taken from the Frair & Grimes web site. Cooking time is approximate figure.
- 3 whole chicken breasts, split (about 2.5 pounds)
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon leaf, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Remove bones and skin from chicken breasts.
- Pound each half between waxed paper to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and dredge with flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add 3 pieces of chicken at a time.
- Brown for 3 minutes per side.
- Keep warm.
- To pan drippings, add the garlic, onion, lemon juice, and wine.
- Cook, stirring up the browned bits until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1& 1/2 teaspoons flour, sugar and tarragon mixture into the sour cream; stir in wine mixture.
- Cook, stirring until sauce comes to a gentle boil.
- Pour sauce over chicken.