Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
An easy meal to throw together and it looks like you put a lot of work into it. Very good served with mashed potatoes...enjoy!
- 14.79 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 44.37 ml lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 44.37 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 29.58 ml chives or 29.58 ml scallions, minced
- 2.46 ml dried tarragon
- 0.59 ml red pepper flakes
- 236.59 ml frozen peas
- On a plate,combine the flour,1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper and dredge the chicken in it shaking off excess.
- In a large nonstick skillet,heat oil over medium heat,adding chicken.
- Cook until golden brown,turning once (about 5 minutes).
- Add broth,garlic,lemon juice,parsley,chives,tarragon,red pepper flakes and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil,reduce to a simmer and cook,partially covered,until chicken is cooked through (about 10 minutes).
- With a slotted spoon,transfer chicken onto 4 serving plates.
- Bring sauce to a boil over medium-high heat,add the peas and cook,uncovered until the sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup (about 3 minutes).
- Spoon the peas and sauce over the chicken and serve.
FANTASTIC raves me! This is a GREAT recipe! ok, sliced chicken breasts horizontally, then cut in three, I like a thinnner, pounded chicken breast to see! Warmed pieces in oven til all were browned, TRUE! Couldn't help myself but added 1/2 cup white wine too! Makes you feel special as if you did fuss for dinner, This recipe IS a winner! Next time MIGHT consider pureeing peas, As think the drizzle sauce on chicken to me would please! THANKS! Note: Because I cut breasts in so many pieces, TRUE! Took ALOT more flour to dredge and added oil to HOT pan after every batch too!