An easy meal to throw together and it looks like you put a lot of work into it. Very good served with mashed potatoes...enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives or 2 tablespoons scallions, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1On a plate,combine the flour,1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper and dredge the chicken in it shaking off excess.
- 2In a large nonstick skillet,heat oil over medium heat,adding chicken.
- 3Cook until golden brown,turning once (about 5 minutes).
- 4Add broth,garlic,lemon juice,parsley,chives,tarragon,red pepper flakes and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 5Bring to a boil,reduce to a simmer and cook,partially covered,until chicken is cooked through (about 10 minutes).
- 6With a slotted spoon,transfer chicken onto 4 serving plates.
- 7Bring sauce to a boil over medium-high heat,add the peas and cook,uncovered until the sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup (about 3 minutes).
- 8Spoon the peas and sauce over the chicken and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Green Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.8
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 600.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 30.8 g