Recipe by cloudninex
The use of green spice is very popular in India, which makes a delcious accompiament to the recipe.
Top Review by Jezagerm
What a terrific dish! My hubbie doesn't like cilantro so I used a bit of parsley instead, used 4 scallions and half a tbsp on olive oil, and it was wonderful! I think the chillies I got were a little hot though and it had a real kick to it, but my husband said he gave it 10/10! Thanks for posting!
- 1 green apple, peeled, cored, and cubed
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 2 fresh green chilies, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 ounce golden raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the apple, 3 tbsp of coriander, mint, yogurt, ricotta, chillies, scallions, salt, sugar, garlic, and ginger in a food processer and process for 1 minute. Scrape around the outside of the bowl and process for a few seconds more.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a large pan, pour the yogurt mixture and cook gently over low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir well to blend everything together. Cook over a medium-low heat for 12-15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Sprinkle the raisins and remaining cilatro over the chicken. Plate and serve.