Chicken in Gravy (Indian-Punjabi Style)
- Clean chicken with skin removed.
- In a dutch oven pot heat 2 tbs oil and 2 tbs ghee on medium heat, add cumin seeds.
- Wait for the cumin to start to turn color, then add onions, and saute for approx 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook for another 5 minutes or until the onions are browned.
- Add tomato paste, chopped tomato, turmeric, garam masala, green chili, and about 1 cup of water.
- Cook mixture for approx 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low to medium-low heat for about 40 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Gravy should not be watery; should be a thicker gravy, like a stew. Add coriander for garnish.