1 hr 5 mins
Another delicious internet find....credit to "Quick and Healthy Recipes & Ideas" by Brenda J. Ponichtera, with my slight modifications.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced (can use canned in a pinch)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/3 cups chicken broth, reduced fat or fat-free preferred (can use canned, or make from granules)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Spray 9x13" pyrex dish with cooking spray.
- 3Place chicken in the prepared pan.
- 4Arrange the artichoke hearts and mushrooms between and around the chicken.
- 5Sprinkle chicken with pepper and paprika.
- 6Shake flour and 1/3 c.
- 7cold chicken broth together in a jar or sealed (Tupperware-type) bowl.
- 8Place the flour/broth mixture in a saucepan, and add remaining broth, salt, sherry and rosemary (if using).
- 9Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- 10Pour over chicken and bake uncovered for about 45 minutes.
- 11Serve with rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.5
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 574.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 29.8 g