Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another delicious internet find....credit to "Quick and Healthy Recipes & Ideas" by Brenda J. Ponichtera, with my slight modifications.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced (can use canned in a pinch)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄3 cups chicken broth, reduced fat or fat-free preferred (can use canned, or make from granules)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray 9x13" pyrex dish with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in the prepared pan.
- Arrange the artichoke hearts and mushrooms between and around the chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and paprika.
- Shake flour and 1/3 c.
- cold chicken broth together in a jar or sealed (Tupperware-type) bowl.
- Place the flour/broth mixture in a saucepan, and add remaining broth, salt, sherry and rosemary (if using).
- Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Pour over chicken and bake uncovered for about 45 minutes.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
I have made this twice. The second time I chopped the artichokes. Its a good low fat dish but I do find there is something missing in flavor of the gravy. The chicken came out very moist and tender and served it with noodles.