Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From a Canadian cookbook, one of our favourite chicken dishes, makes oodles of gravy.
Make and share this Chicken in Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- Put flour,salt,pepper and paprika in a plastic bag.
- Shake to mix.
- Put in damp chicken pieces 2 at a time, shake to coat.
- Put into heated butter in a frying pan.
- Brown both sides.
- Transfer to small casserole dish.
- Stir flour into fat in pan, adding butter to mix if needed.
- Add water stirring until boiling, should be fairly thin, it will thicken in casserole dish.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake in 350F for 1 hour or until tender.
- Season if needed.
OMG, this was Wonderful! The Only change I made was to use milk in place of the water, as I love the taste of milk gravy. Couldn't believe this wasn't tried yet, as it frankly tastes Sooo Good! I Love Easy Simple from-scratch recipes like this, thanks Evie for a real Easy Winner! It smelled So Great as I was browning the chicken DH was eating some of the brown part of the fried chicken and telling me How Good it was...all I can say is "You gotta try this! finished recipe is Truly Delicious, Thanks Evie!
Very, very easy and tastes good too. The recipe makes a perfect gravy. I did add some boullion as suggested by previous reviewers. It really is comfort food that will be made again. I used breasts, cut into 3 pieces and they were very tender. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
made this recipe about a week ago.. first attempt at making gravy as well.....couldn't have found an easier recipe. worked out famously and was delicious...going to try it with chicken stock next time as suggested by others. Husband couldn't get enough of it raved about it for days