Recipe by Sydney Mike
Snagged this East European recipe from the internet to be included on the World Tour! I'll be a Newbie on Tour 4!
Top Review by The Flying Chef
I was unsure what to rate this, made as is, it was very good, the dill, scallion, sour cream and garlic make for a great sauce. I just felt it could do with something else, so I added a teaspoon of chicken stock powder and added some light cream to give the extra liquid needed with the added stock. My family did not know I had done this and raved and said it was delicious. So I am not sure what they would have said without this, for them it may have still got the same rave reviews. I served this over gnocchi (for quickness) and kept the chicken as whole breasts and sliced and served over the top. I really loved the dill flavour it was gorgeous and made for a great quick and easy mid week meal with a wonderful result. I will be making this again. Thanks Sydney Mike
- 1 dash salt
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 large potatoes, diced small
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream (or more)
- 1⁄2 cup dill
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large pot of water to boil & add salt.
- Add potatoes & cook until tender, about 15 minutes, then drain & set aside.
- Put butter in deep skillet or flameproof casserole dish, then turn heat to medium-high & wait about a minute for butter to melt.
- Add chicken, skin side down, & brown well, rotating & turning pieces as necessary, 10-15 minutes, then remove chicken from skillet & set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-low & add garlic, scallions & dill, stirring until garlic is softened, about 1 minute.
- Add potatoes to skillet, stirring to coat with herb mixture.
- Add chicken pieces & stir again.
- Turn heat to low & add sour cream.
- Simmer another 10 minutes, before serving.