1/1 Photo of Chicken in French Onion Sauce
This is a recipe from the Quick & Easy Casseroles from Durkees French Fried Onions cookbook (1988). This is so good. I also added diced onions, frozen corn and next time I'll also add some sliced potatoes. I'll also double the sauce and slightly thicken it so it coats the vegetables, I want to get every drop of that delicious sauce that I can. This would make a wonderful dish to take to a family reunion just cut the chicken into bite size pieces, then continue with the rest of the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby carrots, thawed and drained (about 2 cups) or 4 medium carrots, cut into strips (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can Durkee onions
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup prepared chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375. In 8x12 inch baking dish, combine vegetables and 1/2 can French Fried Onions.
- 2Arrange chicken breasts on vegetables.
- 3In small bowl, combine wine, bouillon, garlic salt and pepper; pour over chicken and vegetables.
- 4Sprinkle chicken with paprika.
- 5Bake, covered, at 375 for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 6Baste chicken with wine sauce and top with remaining onions; bake, uncovered, 3 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in French Onion Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 288.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: