Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very easy dinner to throw together. My mom got this recipe from Talk About Good, a cookbook by the Junior League of Lafayette, Louisiana.
- 4 chicken pieces (if small pieces, use two per bundle)
- 1 potato, thickly sliced
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 tablespoons cream
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour. Brown in skillet.
- Place a piece of chicken on large square of foil. Place slice of potatoe and slice of onion on top of chicken.
- Pour a little mushroom soup and 1 tbs. cream over each chicken bundle.
- Pull corners of foil up and twist lightly on top. You will have 4 bundles.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
What an easy and delicious recipe! I followed the instructions completely except I did add some minced garlic (because we love garlic). This will be a regular in our house. I cut in in half (only two of us) and used the toaster oven...worked out fine. Thank you!
I have made this recipe for years. My picky family loves it. The onion gives this such flavor and the potatoes cooked in the mushroom soup and soft and flavored nicely. Thanks for posting Sunshine.