Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was adapted from a couple of recipes in cookbook, Symply Too Good to be True by Annette Syms. The refrigerated Filo is easier to use, I find the frozen very hard to handle. I always serve this with steamed rice.
- 2 sheets phyllo pastry, cut into quarters
- 250 g chicken, cooked
- 4 teaspoons light butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim evaporated milk
- 4 -6 shallots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheese, grated
- 1 pinch dried tarragon, to taste
- Layer each filo sheet diagonally in greased ramekins, spraying lightly between each sheet with olive oil spray - 4 quarters for each ramekin.
- Give each ramekin a final quick spray then bake for 10 minutes at 200degC (400degF).
- Melt butter for white sauce, stir in flour and cook stirring all the time until smooth.
- Add milk slowly, stir until thickened then add shallots, pepper, salt, lemon juice and cooked chicken; heat through.
- Spoon chicken mixture into filo baskets, sprinkle with cheese and serve with rice.