Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
taken from Angie's Recipes, http://schneiderchen.de/
- 250 g chicken breasts
- 15 g cornstarch
- 45 g all-purpose flour
- frying oil
- 1 tablespoon egg, beaten
- 1 piece fermented tofu (sesame oil flavoured)
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄3 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon jiafan rice wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Blend starch and flour together in a bowl to yield a mixture for coating.
- Stir all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Rinse and pat the chicken dry.
- Cut into inch-sized pieces and pour in prepared marinade.
- Stir and let marinate for 1 hour until chicken dices fully absorb the sauce.
- Heat up a pan with oil until hot.
- Coat the chicken with flour mixture and deep fry them until golden brown and crispy.
- Drain and serve with a dish of juice of fermented tofu or peanut sauce.