Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Slightly spicy dish from Rachael Ray.
Make and share this Chicken in Deviled Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded 1/2-inch thick (about 8 oz. each)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 -3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small fresh red chili peppers, seeded and finely chopped or 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth or 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, such at Frank's Red Hot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices toast, buttered
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning, for 10 minutes. Off the heat, cover to keep warm.
- Add the butter to the pan over medium-low heat. Stir in the shallots, garlic and chile; season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes. Whisk in the flour, paprika and mustard. Whisk in the stock and vermouth (or white wine); bring to a bubble. Whisk in the hot sauce, parsley and worcestershire.
- Add the chicken and its juices to the gravy and turn to coat completely. Serve the chicken on the toast points.