Good Looking Cooking's Note:
An excellent dish for a picnic as you serve this cold. Comes from my handwritten book of tried and tested recipes, this is a firm family favourite in summer and is always requested, especially when we go on a picnic. Whilst the recipe states to use whole chicken pieces I find breaking the chicken into smaller pieces allows the sauce to penetrate each piece with a very tasty mild, curry mayonnaise flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season the chicken with salt.
- 2place in a saucepan with the water and cook till done.
- 3Set the chicken aside to cool off.
- 4Saute the onions in the oil until soft.
- 5Add the curry powder and vinegar and cook for 1 minute.
- 6Add the apricot jam and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 7Remove from cooktop and set aside to cool off.
- 8Arrange the chicken in a serving dish (or break into smaller pieces first).
- 9Mix the mayonnaise with the cooled curry mixture and pour over the chicken.
- 10Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- 11Note: the flavour develops even better when you chill this overnight. Cooling time is not included in the timings.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Curry Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.5
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 86.5 mg
- Sodium 757.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: