Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from the Congo Cookbook and one I have not tried yet. It sounds yummy though. When I do make it (which will be soon) I will post any changes or suggestions. NOTE: the recipe calls for one CAN tomato paste, so I am assuming it is the small can.....and I am guessing as to the ounces.
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) can tomato paste or 1 (5 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- In a large stew pot combine everything except the chicken.
- Stir until all is well mixed. Bring to a boil the reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes Stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken, cover and simmer for another half hour or more, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with rice.
Try serving with a dollop of sour cream.