Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chicken, spice and all things nice.
Make and share this Chicken in Creamy Yoghurt Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken fillets, cubed, rinsed and drained
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons ghee
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 2 green peppers, seeded and cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 green cardamom pods
- 4 cloves
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup tomato puree
- 3⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- fresh coriander (to garnish)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted cashews, ground to a paste with
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- Heat butter and sauté chicken pieces for 5 minutes.
- Add shallots and green pepper, stirfry for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove sauteed items.
- Add the oil to the remaining butter.
- Add the whole spices: bay leaves, cinnamon, green cardamom and cloves.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger, and fry until lightly browned.
- Add ground cumin, coriander, turmeric, chili powder, tomato puree and salt.
- Cook gently until the oil separates.
- Reduce heat and slowly add in the yoghurt while stirring.
- Add chicken, shallots, green pepper and cashew-cream paste.
- Spinkle garam masala, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish and serve with naan or rice.
I love everything about this chicken in yogurt sauce. It's so creamy and flavorful. It made a beautiful dinner for us tonight. I halved the recipe, and subbed evaporated milk for the cream, but didn't make any other changes. It's wonderful. Thank you very much for posting it.