Chicken, spice and all things nice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken fillets, cubed, rinsed and drained
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons ghee
- 1/2 cup chopped shallot
- 2 green peppers, seeded and cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 green cardamom pods
- 4 cloves
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- fresh coriander (to garnish)
- 1Heat butter and sauté chicken pieces for 5 minutes.
- 2Add shallots and green pepper, stirfry for 3-4 minutes.
- 3Remove sauteed items.
- 4Add the oil to the remaining butter.
- 5Add the whole spices: bay leaves, cinnamon, green cardamom and cloves.
- 6Add onion, garlic and ginger, and fry until lightly browned.
- 7Add ground cumin, coriander, turmeric, chili powder, tomato puree and salt.
- 8Cook gently until the oil separates.
- 9Reduce heat and slowly add in the yoghurt while stirring.
- 10Add chicken, shallots, green pepper and cashew-cream paste.
- 11Spinkle garam masala, simmer for 5 minutes.
- 12Garnish and serve with naan or rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Creamy Yoghurt Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.9
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 154.2 mg
- Sodium 221.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 49.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green cardamom pods