Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from www.icantbelieveitsnotbutter.com.
- 4 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread, spread
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1 (10 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large shallots or 1 large Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves (optional) or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves, crushed (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream or 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spread over medium-high heat and brown chicken in two batches. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In same skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons Spread and cook mushrooms, shallot, salt and pepper over medium heat, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until mushrooms are golden and tender. Stir in broth and tarragon. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, then return chicken to skillet. Simmer covered 5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Stir in cream. Bring to the boiling point, then cook 1 minute.