Delicious and bad for you! But who's counting calories. I got this recipe on the back of a frozen bag of boneless skinless chicken breasts. Enjoy the rich buttery mushroomy flavor of this winner. It would be selfish of me not to share this one. I hope you like it as much as me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, in 4 tablespoons hot butter over medium heat, brown chicken breasts on both sides.
- 2Set chicken aside.
- 3Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to drippings in skillet.
- 4Add sliced mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes, until golden.
- 5Remove mushrooms with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 6Stir flour, salt and pepper into skillet drippings.
- 7Pour chicken broth and half-and-half gradually into skillet, stirring constantly, and cook until mixture is thickened.
- 8Return chicken and mushrooms to skillet with sauce.
- 9Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, until breasts are cooked through and tender.
- 10Remove chicken breasts and cut into bite sized pieces and return to skillet.
- 11Stir and enjoy over a bed of white rice.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Creamy Buttery Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.0
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 105.2 mg
- Sodium 732.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 24.1 g