Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Delicious and bad for you! But who's counting calories. I got this recipe on the back of a frozen bag of boneless skinless chicken breasts. Enjoy the rich buttery mushroomy flavor of this winner. It would be selfish of me not to share this one. I hope you like it as much as me.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- In a large skillet, in 4 tablespoons hot butter over medium heat, brown chicken breasts on both sides.
- Set chicken aside.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to drippings in skillet.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes, until golden.
- Remove mushrooms with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Stir flour, salt and pepper into skillet drippings.
- Pour chicken broth and half-and-half gradually into skillet, stirring constantly, and cook until mixture is thickened.
- Return chicken and mushrooms to skillet with sauce.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, until breasts are cooked through and tender.
- Remove chicken breasts and cut into bite sized pieces and return to skillet.
- Stir and enjoy over a bed of white rice.
I made this for PAC 2012, and I thought it was pretty good. I think I overcooked the chicken, but that's my fault. Otherwise, we all thought this was good and enjoyed it. I might add a little more salt the next time though. Thanks for posting!